This application is for students transferring to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who are interested in joining UNL's University Honors Program. This application is only for admission to the University Honors Program; there is a completely separate and independent process for applying to the University.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 472-2023 for information on applying to UNL. If you have not yet applied to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, please do so before applying to the University Honors Program.
Applications to the Honors Program are due May 1 (for fall admission to the Honors Program) and December 1 (for spring admission). Applications will be considered when the most recent semester's college grades are available for review. Applications received by the May 1 deadline will be notified of status on or before June 10. Applications received by the December 1 deadline will be notified of status on or before January 10.
To complete this form, you will need to provide the following:
- Information about your high school education (GPA, class rank, class size)
- Test scores--composite and subscores and testing dates for ACT, SAT, or TOEFL (as appropriate)
- Information about your current college experience, including your current college cumulative GPA and why you are transferring to UNL
- Transfer students will also need to provide information about their current college performance and answer, in no more than 200 words, the question "Why have you decided to leave your current institution and transfer to UNL?"
- A 300-500 word essay answering the question "Why are you interested in the UNL Honors Program and how do you see Honors contributing to your college education?"
- A one-page resume of your campus and community involvement and leadership (saved as a PDF or Microsoft Word file)
Applicants are advised to gather appropriate information and prepare essay responses before starting this form. If you have additional questions regarding the University Honors Program, please contact Jacob Schlange at email@example.com or (402) 472-8221.