Update for 2022-23:
There are still spots remaining in the Global Changemakers tracks! If you are interested in joining this track in Fall 2022, and are available for class on Mondays from 2:30-4:00 pm, please complete the application as soon as possible (no later than August 15).
- University Honors Program students, and all other students with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Students who will be in their second or third year during the 2022-23 academic year
- Each track will be comprised of up to 20 students
ALL Tracks Students:
Take two 1-credit courses in the Honors Tracks Sequence: UHON 301H & UHON 302H, ideally in two subsequent semesters. Actively engage with guest speakers, participate in site visits, and attend special events such as Cooper Conversations. Complete an e-portfolio to showcase experiences and undergraduate work.
Pursue an Honors-approved experiential learning opportunity such as an internship, education abroad program, or research project in the fall, spring, or summer.
Required: With experiential learning opportunity, concurrently enroll in UHON 99H, a o-credit class.
Encouraged: Take one 3-credit seminar related to the track theme: UHON 298H or UHON 395H (Students enrolled in UHON 301H in Fall may request a seat in any track-related UHON 395H for the following Spring. Students in UHON 302H in Spring may request a seat in any track-related UHON 395H for the following Fall). Develop ideas for an Honors Senior Project related to the track's theme.
All tracks are open to students of any major, although the student must be able to accommodate the required coursework of UHON 301H and 302H (1 credit each) in their schedule. While students may apply to be considered for multiple tracks, students are strongly encouraged to choose only one track to apply to, in order to make their application as effective as possible. More details, including examples of experiences and opportunities, can be found here. The options are:
- Civic Leaders Track - Meeting Thursdays 3:30-5:00 pm in Fall 2022
- Sustainability Stewards Track - Meeting Mondays 3:00-5:00 pm in Fall 2022
- Future Healers (Pre-Health) Track - Meeting Thursdays 3:30-5:00 pm in Fall 2022
- Global Changemakers Track - Meeting Mondays 2:30-4:00 pm in Fall 2022
Application requires completing this form, including:
- a 350-500 word essay addressing the question: "How do the experiences and opportunities of this track support your personal and professional goals?"
- a 350-500 word essay addressing the question: "What experiences have prepared you to be an active and engaged participant in this Honors Track specifically?"
- a resume highlighting relevant academic, work, and leadership experiences
The application deadline is March 25, 2022 (extended from March 7). Applications will be accepted after that on a rolling basis, if space allows.
Accepted students will be asked to commit by March 28, when priority registration for Fall 2022 begins.
You must log in to submit this application.