This application is for current UNL students who are interested in joining the University Honors Program.
Applications are due May 1 (for fall admission to the Honors Program) and December 1 (for spring admission). Applications will be considered when the most recent semester's college grades are available for review. Applications received by the May 1 deadline will be notified of status by June 10. Applications received by the December 1 deadline will be notified of status by January 10.
To complete this form, you will need to provide the following:
- Information about your high school education (GPA, class rank, class size)
- Test scores--composite and subscores and testing dates for ACT, SAT, or TOEFL (as appropriate)
- Your current college cumulative GPA
- A 300-500 word essay answering the question "Why are you interested in the UNL Honors Program and how do you see Honors contributing to your college education?"
- A one-page resume of your campus and community involvement and leadership (saved as a PDF or Microsoft Word file)
Applicants are advised to gather appropriate information and prepare essay responses before starting this form.
If you have additional questions regarding the University Honors Program, please contact Jacob Schlange at email@example.com or (402) 472-8221.