Honors Experience Awards |
The Dr. Patrice Berger Student Experience Fund provides financial support to Honors Students participating in experiential learning, such as education abroad, unpaid internships, attending conferences, or for costs associated with the senior project. Experiences sponsored by or affiliated with the University Honors Program are given priority, but other student experiences will also be considered.
- Funding per application will range up to $1500.
- The number of awards will vary with the projects identified for funding.
Application Due Dates – to be used in the Fall, Spring, and Summer as noted below.
August 1; for use in Fall semester
October 1: for use in Spring Pre-Session (January)
December 1; for use in Spring semester
April 1; for use in Summer
Awards are usually granted within one month of the application due date. Funds may take longer for disbursement.
- Undergraduate students in good standing in the University Honors Program
- Priority will be given to students who have not previously received funding from the University Honors Program
- Preference will be given to students who have a demonstrated financial need, and consideration may include consultation with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (Filling out the FAFSA can aid in this process)
- The award will focus on supporting
- participation in an Honors Dialogue (registration in relevant Honors seminar is required)
- travel associated with an Honors Experience (registration in 99H required)
- unfunded public-service internships
- participation in a discipline-focused national or regional conference
- costs associated with completing an Honors Senior Project
- The following requests are unlikely to be funded
- funding that could otherwise be covered by UCARE, or equipment and supplies that a faculty sponsor can normally be expected to supply
Students can submit only one application per award period but applications outside the award period may be considered as funds allow.