Prospective freshmen students must apply to the University prior to accessing the Honors Program application. Application to the University is available at http://admissions.unl.edu/apply.aspx. The Honors Program application can be accessed at MyRED once the student has received the NU ID by e-mail from the Admissions Office (usually within one business day). We encourage students to apply by the Early Notification Deadline.
|For first-year students*:||Application received by:||Notification by:|
|Early notification deadline:||November 15, 2014||December 23, 2014|
|Final application deadline:||March 1, 2015||April 1, 2015|
Most successful candidates for the University Honors Program present one or more of the following credentials:
- ACT composite of 30 or above or combined SAT of 1300
- High school class rank in the top 10%
- A demonstrated commitment to academic and intellectual pursuits
- Evidence of engagement in school and community activities
- Transfer/On-Campus applicants must have a minimum 3.50 college GPA
Transfer and On-Campus Applications
Students may transfer into the University Honors Program by sending the following to Renae Oestmann (email@example.com):
- The University Honors Program Transfer/Campus Application Form
- One letter of recommendation from a person familiar with your academic performance
Transfer/Campus applications are reviewed at the end of the semester in which they are submitted to allow receipt of the most recent grades (Fall semester submissions will be reviewed the following January, Spring semester submissions will be reviewed in late May).